It is a privilege for us to work with you in your patient’s care. The contents of this page are intended to serve as a general reference source for physicians, office managers and schedulers to better understand Columbus Diagnostic Center/CDC Northside’s referral and registration process and requirements. Please call us with any questions, requests or comments.
To schedule a patient appointment at our 10th Ave location, please call us at 706-322-3000. If you prefer, fax the order to 706-660-8044. For our CDC Northside location, please call 706-323-7622 or Fax to: 706-323-7804
SERVICES TO REFER
- MRIs: 3T, Open and Wide Bore MRI
- CT scanning
- Digital (2D) Mammography and 3D Mammography
- DEXA (Dual Energy X-ray Absortiometry) scanning
- Cardio Studies: Electrocardiogram, Holter Monitor and Echocardiogram
- IVP (Intravenous Pyelogram)
- EMG (Electromyography)
- Vascular Studies
Our full-time radiologists are on-site and typically available to discuss results with referring physicians and their technical staff.
- Valid physician orders are required prior to processing patients.
- Valid order criteria includes: legible writing, patient name, procedure, clinical indications and physician’s signature (not extenders).
- Unacceptable terminology for diagnosis includes: “possible,” “probable,” “suspected,” “rule out (R/O),” “questionable,” or the use of arrows
- If an order was not faxed, the patient will be asked for the physician’s order at the time of check-in.
- In the absence of a valid order, the ordering physician’s office will be contacted during the registration process.
- Physicians offices are encouraged to fax all orders to ensure the order is available at the time of service.
First-time Referring Physicians:
The following information is required for first-time referring physicians:
- Physician’s full legal name
- Office address, phone number, and fax number
- Georgia license number
- UPIN or NPI #
How soon should I expect a radiologist’s report on my patient’s scan?
Results are available within 24-48 hours after a patient has been scanned. As soon as the scan is completed, the images are electronically transferred to our on-site radiologist for interpretation. The scan is read, results are dictated then transcribed by our transcriptionist and subsequently posted for the radiologist to review and approve before we send images via desktop delivery, PACS or fax to your office.
What if I need immediate results on a scan?
If a ‘stat’ or ‘call report’ is required, the radiologist is instructed to call you with an immediate interpretation. Please provide us with a contact phone number (cell phone if after hours or doctors office will be closed) to include in our instructions for the physician.