Ultrasound Imaging is also known as “sonography”. It is a safe, simple and painless imaging procedure that bounces high-frequency sound waves off parts of the body and captures the returning “echoes” as images. There is no radiation exposure associated with ultrasound diagnostics and there are no injections.
Ultrasound is also able to capture moving images of abdominal functions (including gallstones), the male reproductive system, breast abnormalities, thyroid systems and the kidney. When combined with a special Doppler technique, ultrasound can also capture moving images of blood flow through large blood vessels and moving images of the heart using echocardiography.
Our certified technologists are specially trained on the advanced ultrasound imaging equipment (LOGIQ E9 with XD Clear) at Columbus Diagnostic Center to follow the course of pregnancies, determine abnormalities in developing babies, locate gallstones, and evaluate blood vessels along with other diagnostic uses.
Columbus Diagnostic Center utilizes a new ultrasound technology machine called LogipE9 with XDclear. The new technology allows us to:
• Visualize blood flow without limitations of Doppler
• Achieve deep penetration on large patients
• Offer non-invasive and less radiation that x-ray or CT exams
• Cross XBeam combines multiple images from different angles into singles, real-time image
• Enables and captures 3D images of organs and tissue